An Introduction to Social Housing in Scotland online training
Social housing is a vital part of the fabric of our society, providing affordable and specialist accommodation for millions of people through a diverse range of providers. To achieve excellence in service delivery you need an organisation that is properly structured, well managed and has effective governance.
This course has been developed for Scotland and is for all staff, board members and resident representatives new to the housing sector or wishing to update their knowledge in the rapidly changing housing world.
1. Social housing the basics
2. Board, staff and tenants
This Introduction to social housing online training course focuses on:
- Who provides social housing
- Developing an understanding of key housing terms
- The knowledge and skills needed to deliver outstanding services
- The importance of the board in governance and the skills members need
- The key structures found in a well-organised provider
- Types of tenancies offered
- The role of involved residents.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
Sample Screenshots of An introduction
to social housing in Scotland online training course
- Identify and describe social housing key terms
- Understand the role of board members, staff and tenancies
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email email@example.com or call 01782 757001