Asbestos Awareness online training (Category A)
Asbestos is a hazardous substance; every year over 5,000 people die from asbestos related diseases, such as lung cancer. Everyone who is likely to disturb or damage asbestos containing materials must be aware of the dangers and know what procedures to follow.
This course will help you to understand where asbestos can be found, the risks associated with it and how to reduce the risk of asbestos fibres being released. If you plan to carry out work which will knowingly disturb or damage asbestos, you will require a higher level of training (Category B or C).
1. Asbestos – The basics
2. Legislation and responsibilities
3. Risk assessments
4. Asbestos and risk reduction measures
This (Category A) asbestos awareness online training course focuses on:
- What is asbestos and where it can be found
- Why it was used and then banned
- Asbestos related diseases and ill health effects
- Legislation and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments; risk reduction, controlling exposure
- Emergency procedures
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
- Understand the need to treat asbestos containing materials as a hazardous substance.
- Understand the responsibilities of employers and employees in relation to health and safety
- Understand how to read a risk assessment.
- Understand the risks of asbestos containing materials and risk reduction.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email email@example.com or call 01782 757001
Are you a community group or charity? We have a more appropriate Asbestos Awareness online training (Category A) online course for you with Community Group Training. Click here
Or are you a business not a social housing organisation? We have a more appropriate Asbestos Awareness online training (Category A) online course for you with Biz Training Solutions. Click here