Current Social Housing Matters online training
Housing has always been a dynamic field, and never more so than today. It is vital to understand the current social housing matters facing you and your colleagues. Participating in this course will help you make an informed contribution to the debate, creating solutions to current and future challenges.
This course is for those aspirational people who wish to be involved in developing responses to the environment in which housing providers currently operate and the issues appearing on the horizon.
1. Current issues effecting social housing – part 1
2. Current issues effecting social housing – part 2
This current social housing matters online training course focuses on:
- Identifying the major political and social changes impacting the industry
- Understanding the factors affecting revenue streams including tenancy fraud and welfare reform
- Examining the economics of affordable rent tenancies and pay to stay
- Meeting future housing need
- Co-regulation issues
- The interplay between housing and other social policies.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
- Understand the overarching implications of the Welfare Reform Act and the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- Understand the challenges faced to create additional affordable housing.
- Understand the key elements of the Housing and Planning Act 2016
- Consider other recent events which impact on social housing.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01782 757001