Disrepair – Is your house in order online training
In the current economic climate, every penny counts. Disrepair is traditionally an area of significant spend for social housing providers. A critical element in keeping costs down is to minimise the risk of disrepair claims against the landlord. We will investigate the key distinctions between disrepair and improvements and potential defences against disrepair for the landlord organisation.
You and your organisation will benefit from the knowledge and confidence gained from this course, helping you to protect your reputation and resources. This course is for officers, team leaders and managers within repairs, housing and asset management teams.
1. Responsibilities and statutory controls
2. Disrepair versus improvements
3. Repairs, consequences of non-compliance and defence
4. Other duties which relate to disrepair.
This Disrepair – Is your house in order online training course focuses on:
- Main statutory controls for repair and safety in housing
- Understanding disrepair including responsibility and impact
- Consequences of non-compliance and potential defences to a disrepair claim
- Legislation relating to disrepair and importance of related legislative duties
- Tenancy agreement and tenant handbooks on repair responsibilities
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
- Gain an awareness of the main statutory controls for repair and safety in housing
- Understand the meaning of disrepair including responsibility and impact for both landlord and tenant
- Know the consequences of non-compliance and potential defences to a disrepair claim
- Understand the different laws which relate to disrepair.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email email@example.com or call 01782 757001