Drug and Alcohol Awareness online training
The definition of a drug is a substance that alters the way in which the body or mind works. This term applies to alcohol and drugs controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, the Medicines Act 1968 and the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016.
You will learn about a variety of substances from Crack to Spice and many more in-between. Hear first-hand from recovering addicts about the hold substances can have, and how they broke the habit. This course will increase your understanding of substances, how they are abused and the devastating effects.
1. Substances overview and legislation
2. Alcohol awareness
3. Drugs awareness – Depressants
4. Drugs awareness – Stimulants
5. Drugs awareness – Hallucinogens
6. Signposting for help and support
This drug and alcohol awareness online training course focuses on:
- Legal, social and health implications of drug and alcohol misuse
- Alcohol strengths, units and health implications of alcohol consumption
- The different categories drugs fall in to, including depressants, stimulants and hallucinogens
- Street names, what they look like, how they are consumed, how the user feels, short and long-term effects on the body
- Signposting to support organisations.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
Sample Screenshots of our Drug and alcohol awareness online training course
- Understand drug classifications and relevant legislation
- Understand how alcohol units are measured and recommended guidelines
- Understand health issues associated with alcohol misuse
- Know about the differences between different types of drugs
- Know agencies that offer help and information on alcohol and drug misuse.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Payment: Pay online
Are you a community group or charity? We have a more appropriate Drug and alcohol awareness online course for you with Community Group Training. Click here
Or are you a business not a social housing organisation? We have a more appropriate Drug and alcohol awareness online course for you with Biz Training Solutions. Click here