Food Hygiene and Safety in Catering online training (Level 2)
EU Regulation 852/2004 Hygiene for Foodstuffs requires food businesses to ensure that staff who handle food are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene and safety in a way that is appropriate to the work they do.
This course will give you an understanding of conditions and measures necessary to ensure the safety of food from production to consumption. It is for everyone who handles food and drink within in a catering/ hospitality environment, including; restaurants, schools, colleges, fast food/takeaway outlet, restaurants, bars, cafes, etc.
Food hygiene, the law and inspections
Food Borne illness, allergens and contamination
Food storage, preservation and temperature control
Premises pests and cleaning
The principles of HACCP
This food hygiene in catering online training course focuses on:
- The importance of food hygiene and safety
- Personal responsibilities for food safety
- Personal hygiene and cleanliness
- Food borne illnesses
- Contamination prevention measures; including safe temperatures, storage and good hygiene practices
- HACCP food safety management system
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety.
- Understand the importance of keeping clean and hygienic.
- Understand the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic.
- Understand the importance of keeping food safe.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01782 757001
Are you a business not a social housing organisation? We have a more appropriate Food Hygiene online course for you with Biz Training Solutions. Click here
Or are you a community group? We have a more appropriate Food Hygiene online course for you with Community Group Training. Click here