GDPR: the Essentials online training
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are effective from 25th May 2018. These EU regulations provide greater protection to data subjects and makes organisations accountable for the data which they process. They will still apply once the UK leaves the EU.
This course is aimed at everyone who handles personal data as part of their day to day role. It will give you a greater understanding of the regulations, lawful basis for processing data, the principles of data protection, data subject rights and data security.
1. GDPR overview and key terms
2. GDPR prinicples
3. Data subject rights
4. Data security
This GDPR – The essentials online training course focuses on:
- An overview of the General Data Protection Regulations
- The key principles of data protection
- Key terms
- Special category data
- The ICO’S role
- The importance of data security and ‘Data Subject’ rights
- When personal information can be shared
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
Sample Screenshots of GDPR
The essentials online training course
- Understand key definitions of the General Data Protection regulations (GDPR).
- Understand the GDPR principles
- Understand the rights of data subjects
- Understand the importance of data security and the consequences for data breaches
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 1.5 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01782 757001