Managing Hoarding online training
The collection and storing of excessive numbers of belongings significantly affects a resident’s ability to live in their home. It creates a fire risk in over 70% of cases and often appears to be an intractable management problem. A clear understanding of the principal characteristics of hoarding behaviour is necessary before developing a management strategy to address its consequences, and prevent repetition.
This course transitions from understanding to identifying key elements for a management strategy. It provides a way forward through the legal process if a voluntary approach has not produced the necessary improvement. Managers, team leaders and frontline staff will benefit from the learning offered by this course.
1. Hoarding in context
2. Hoarding and mental health
3. Hoarding and legal action
This Managing Hoarding online training course focuses on:
- Developing an awareness of the main characteristics of hoarding
- Creating an effective strategy based on objective criteria and risk assessments
- Implementing a positive management approach
- Understanding the complexities surrounding legal action and achieving the right result, including the impact of mental health.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
- Gain an awareness of the main characteristics and effects of hoarding
- Be able to create an action plan to manage a tenant who hoards
- Understand the implications of mental health on legal action
- Know the legal steps to enforce the tenancy agreement.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email email@example.com or call 01782 757001