Safeguarding Children Awareness Level 2 (Wales) online training
The importance of safeguarding children cannot be over-emphasised. All organisations with staff who have contact with families, children or carers must develop a systemic awareness of the key issues, responsibilities and boundaries and embed this understanding in their service delivery.
This course has been developed in partnership with Community Housing Cymru. It is for all staff whose work brings them directly into contact with children, families or carers, and for managers and team leaders responsible for supervising and supporting frontline officers in their day-to-day work.
1. Signs and symptoms of abuse
2. The importance of responding professionally to a disclosure
3. Awareness of family circumstances
4. Legislative framework surrounding child protection
This safeguarding children awareness online training course focuses on:
- The impact of the Children’s Act 2004 and the statutory guidance
- The signs and symptoms of abuse in children
- Potential behaviour indicators
- Family circumstances and risks
- How to respond to a disclosure
- Keeping and maintaining confidential records
- Links with other agencies.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
Sample Screenshots of safeguarding children
awareness online training course
- Understand different forms that child abuse can take.
- Understand signs of abuse in children.
- Know how to respond professionally to a disclosure of abuse.
- Understand how variations in family circumstances can result in potentially abusive situations.
- Understand the legislative framework surrounding child protection.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email email@example.com or call 01782 757001
Are you a business not a social housing organisation? We have a more appropriate Safeguarding children awareness online training course for you with Biz Training Solutions. Click here
Or are you a community group? We have a more appropriate Safeguarding children awareness online training course for you with Community Group Training. Click here