Safeguarding Designated Person online training
Safeguarding is everyone’s business. Every organisation must appoint a designated person to lead on this responsibility and support staff who encounter safeguarding issues in the course of their work. The role of a designated person can be challenging and unfamiliar to many, but is vital in protecting the organisation, its staff and the people you work with.
The course is for potential appointees, safeguarding designated persons and managers who need to understand the role of the designated person and the part they play in the organisation.
1.Minimum training requirements
3.The role of designated person
4. DP and local Safeguarding board and Safeguarding adults board
This Safeguarding designated person online training course focuses on:
- Identifying key skills and requirements for the role
- The critical elements of a training audit and how to conduct one
- The role and responsibilities of the designated person within the organisation
- What support staff need and how to provide it
- Engaging with the local safeguarding board
- Linking with external agencies to support the designated person.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
- Understand safeguarding training requirements.
- Understand how to ensure that staff and volunteers are prepared for safeguarding responsibilities.
- Understand the on-going role of the Designated Person (DP) with staff and volunteers.
- Understand the on-going role of the DP with the Local Safeguarding Board (LSB) and Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB).
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email email@example.com or call 01782 757001
Are you a business not a social housing organisation? We have a more appropriate Safeguarding designated person online course for you with Biz Training Solutions. Click here
Or are you a community group? We have a more appropriate Safeguarding designated person online course for you with Community Group Training. Click here