Sharps Awareness online training
It is not only void properties that may have sharps within them. Drug users and those with medical conditions may also use sharps in their homes. In addition, sharps can be found in public areas, the risks are all around us. If you have staff visiting homes or out on estates you have a duty of care to ensure their safety.
This course is for housing staff who may come in to contact with sharps as part of their job role, to ensure that they are aware of the dangers and how to protect themselves and others.
1. Health and safety responsibilities
2. Sharps users, risks and safe disposal
3. Sharps injuries.
This sharps awareness online training course focuses on:
- The different types of sharps and what they are used for
- Sharps injuries and how to treat them safely
- How to dispose of sharps
- The risks associated with the use of sharps including blood-borne viruses
- Legislation in relation to sharps and their safe use and disposal
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Sample Screenshots of our Sharps awareness online training course
- Understand health and safety responsibilities in the workplace in relation to sharps
- Understand the different uses of sharps, risk associated with sharps and safe disposal
- Understand what to do in the event of a sharps injury.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Payment: Pay online
Are you a community group or charity? We have a more appropriate Sharps awareness online course for you with Community Group Training. Click here
Or are you a business not a social housing organisation? We have a more appropriate Sharps awareness online course for you with Biz Training Solutions. Click here