Social Housing: Who do we think we are? Online training
What is social housing? To know where you are going you need to understand where you have come from. Originating as a tangible expression of the charitable instincts of powerful and wealthy individuals, the sector was transformed into a key pillar of the welfare state. Finding expression through a huge range of delivery models, social housing provides homes to millions of people and underpins thousands of communities and neighbourhoods.
This course is for all staff, board members and resident representatives new to social housing and those who wish to have a better understanding of the sector and its history.
1. How history shapes the future part 1
2. How history shapes the future part 2
This Social housing: Who do we think we are? Online training course focuses on:
- Housing for the poor, heroes and heroines
- Housing conditions and housing available
- The timeline of changes and key stages
- Current drivers for further change
- The impact of the Decent Homes standard
- Current structures in social housing.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01782 757001