Taking Minutes online training
Minutes capture discussions, decisions and actions; providing a record of a meeting, but what should they look like? What needs to be included and what can be omitted? In addition, taking minutes can be challenging. This course will look at strategies to address difficult situations and explores the relationship between the minute taker and others.
This course is for everyone who takes minutes or notes in meetings. The skills learnt will help you to develop a clear understanding and apply techniques to the role of minute taker.
1. The purpose of minutes
2. The role of minute taker
3. Working with others and potential barriers
4. Producing minutes
This Taking minutes online training course focuses on:
- The purpose of minutes
- The relationship between the minute taker and others
- Potential difficulties you may face and strategies to overcome them
- Techniques for taking minutes
- Different minute layouts and styles to suit your audience.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
- Understand the purpose of minutes.
- Understand skills needed to take minutes
- Understand the relationship between the minute taker and other members of an organisation.
- Understand potential difficulties of taking minutes.
- Know techniques for taking minutes.
- Know how to produce minutes.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 2 hours
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Single course: Pay online
- Multiple course purchase: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01782 757001