Whistleblowing Awareness online training
Whistleblowing is when a worker reports certain types of wrongdoing. This will usually be something they’ve seen at work, though not always. You may have heard of high profile cases in the news, such as the sexual exploitation case in Rotherham. However, don’t confuse genuine whistleblowing with confidential information leaks or personal grievances. Whistleblowing is not always clear cut!
This course will look at what are qualifying disclosures and who is protected should such a disclosure be made. In addition, we will look at general internal processes for reporting any concerns and what external help and protection is available to the person blowing the whistle.
1. An introduction to whistleblowing.
This introduction to whistleblowing online training course focuses on:
- The difference between whistleblowing and leaking confidential information
- Understanding qualifying and protected disclosures
- How to raise concerns at work
- How to raise concerns outside of work
- Protection for whistleblowers.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service. They have been scrutinised by an independent assessor, ensuring they meet national standards.
Click here to see our CPD certification for this course.
Sample Screenshots of our introduction to whistleblowing online training course
- Understand the terms whistleblowing and leaking information
- Understand qualifying and protected disclosures
- Understand how to raise concerns and who to report to.
- Duration/access to course materials: 12 months unlimited access
- Place of study: Online
- Support: Course trainer available to answer queries by email or our social media channels
- Average time to complete: 30 – 40 minutes
- Assessment: Mini assessments at the end of each lesson, pass rate of 75% required
- Certificate: Self print CPD certified certificate
- Recognition: CPD certified by the CPD certification service
- Payment: Pay online
Are you a business not a social housing organisation? We have a more appropriate Whistleblowing awareness online training course for you with Biz Training Solutions. Click here